Today I am grateful for garbage disposals and dishwashers. Dirty dishes are the bane of my existence. There are many, many things I'd rather do than wash dirty dishes. I love to bake and cook but cleaning up after the baking and cooking is done sucks. (Though admittedly, there are the rare moments when washing the dishes can be therapuetic.) I am grateful that we have a dishwasher to help lighten my load. We didn't have a dishwasher in Hawaii and even though are dishwasher here is on the smaller side, it's still a dishwasher and I still love it for getting my dishes are sparkly and clean with just the push of a button.
On the other hand, I never knew how wonderful and magical garbage disposals were until I moved here. We have to collect all our disgusting food waste and put it in little yellow bags. It's beyond gross. I miss the days when I could just throw food down the drain and watch it disappear, never to return again. Oh garbage disposals, I never knew how wonderful you were until I didn't have you anymore. I'm really looking forward to having a garbage disposal again when we move back to the States.
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am also very grateful for dishwasher and disposals. After four year without either, I feel like I am spoiled now how a dishwasher. After we moved here Brigham said to me, it just seemed like I had more free time and he couldn't figure out why. I told him I wasn't spending 1-2 hours a day doing dishes. It makes such a difference.
Agreed! I don't think I could function without a dishwasher...I barely get dishes done WITH one. And not having a garbage disposal is awful, the house we lived in Provo didn't have one--ugh!
Post a Comment