Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gratitute Countdown - Day 9

Like the Cookie Monster, I am grateful for cookies.

Cookies are awesome.

See, I used to think that cake was the best thing ever. And I do really, really like good cake. (Bad cake kinda sucks though.) But cookies. Cookies totally blow cake out of the water. Because cookies come in so many different varieties in so many different shapes and colors and flavors. You can throw just about anything into a cookie. And it almost always tastes good. If I want something sweet or I just want to bake something, I almost always turn to cookies.

I'd like to give a special shout-out to Lofthouse sugar cookies (my favorite store bought cookie creation) and my pumpkin cookies with brown butter maple frosting (my favorite fall cookie) and my chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal and toffee bits (my favorite anytime cookie). My life just wouldn't be complete without you.

So if you have any great cookie recipes, pass them my way. I never say no to a good cookie.

1 comment:

The Nelsen Family: said...

AMEN. I don't know how I'd make it through life without cookies. ;) I've been thinking about gathering as many chocolate chip cookie recipes as I can from people and doing a chocolate chip cookie contest...haven't decided how to do it yet though.