Monday, January 5, 2009

Seriously?

Seriously, where is everyone? I know it's the holidays and everything and that some people may have lives but seriously? Where did everyone go? Did everyone just fall off the face of the planet and cease to blog? [And also, I'm probably going to say seriously a lot because David and I just watched an episode of Kim Possible featuring a character named MotorEd who sports a fabulous mullet and says seriously way too often. You have been warned.]

Okay, so most people do have lives and did go to fun and exciting places for the holidays while I sat at home and went nowhere and did nothing. Actually, David and I have been keeping pretty busy what with death hikes and hospital visits and the like. Here's some of our random goings-on from the last week:

1. A shopping trip to Ala Moana Center, the biggest and fanciest mall in all of Hawaii, full of stores like Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, Coach, Betsy Johnson, Tiffany's, and Harry Winstons. It's that kind of mall but also, it has some of my favorite stores like Aldo shoes, Lucky Brand Jeans, Williams Sonoma, and Banana Republic. [There is a BR outlet close to our home too, thank goodness.] So, both David and I kinda hate driving to Honolulu because traffic sucks (no matter what time of day or day of the week), and Hawaiian roads are ridiculous. Seriously. It took us an hour to drive 16 miles at 11 a.m on a Tuesday morning. I just....I can't explain. Anyway, we had a very successful shopping trip. Or I should say I had a very successful shopping trip. My wonderful and loving husband bought me three pairs of Aldo shoes (all on sale), a pair of Lucky jeans (half off), two necklaces (2 for $15), and a pretty purple silk dress from Banana Republic. David also bought a very nice looking pair of Lucky Jeans for himself (with my hearty approval). It definitely helps that David 1) likes to shop and 2) willingly buys me any and all high heels I want. What can I say....he's got a thing for shoes. I know ya'll are jealous. It's okay. I didn't realize my good luck until after I married him.

2. I learned that Hawaiians like fireworks. A lot. Seriously. A LOT. See, I grew up in California where fireworks are illegal to purchase and I always find it so strange to see fireworks for sale at Wal-Mart, plain as day or to have people set them off in their driveways. I swear all the residents of Mililani must have spent thousands of dollars on fireworks with the amount of noise and smoke and cracklers going off all day on New Year's Eve. Plus, they do it in the street or in their driveways [WAY too close to buildings and cars] and set off car alarms and rock the windows. I'm so glad its over.

3. I've been enjoying my Wii Fit even though it keeps telling me that I'm unbalanced, and learning to rock out on the drums on Guitar Hero World Tour. I have terrible rhythm, but I'm slowly getting the hang of the drums, although the pedal still gives me problems. I pretty rock the guitar though.

4. We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button which is slow and meandering and beautiful and haunting. Not the type of movie you watch more than once, but well worth the experience once.

5. I inadvertently reawakened David's love of Legos. There are Legos everywhere. All the Star Wars Legos are battling each other on the living room floor right now. So far a single clone droid is the only casulality but I'm pretty sure C3PO will wander into some sort of trouble sooner or later. He always does.

6. We watched Wall-E for the first time and ate kettle corn popcorn. Loved it. The movie, not the popcorn. Though that wasn't bad either.

7. We drove around the Windward [east] side of the island since I hadn't seen that side of the coast before. This is what we saw: beach, ocean, palm trees.....Yup, that was about it. Pictures are forthcoming.

I'm avoiding taking down all my holiday decorations and admitting that the fun holiday times are over, but I will be glad when people stop having fun and get back to blogging or hanging around online. Seriously. It's like ya'll have lives or something. Stop that. I'm getting a little bored. And I've already read four books this week. Well, actually...that's pretty typical.

Nevermind then.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Haha. Hey, at least I posted a little bit, though Adrian's been asking me to get these other pictures up. I know what you mean, though. I discovered yesterday that Pioneer Woman is addicting because she posts so often... so the "why hasn't anyone posted anything?!" is fixed by going there. So it's a sad day when you've checked everything so much that even PW hasn't changed since your last visit.

Good job with the Wii drums. I'm terrible. I know what you mean about the foot pedal. I think at least half of my missed "notes" are from that. The rest of it I can sort of get. Sort of.

Emily said...

Oh, and we just took down the decorations yesterday, too. It made me sad. Adrian convinced me that we probably should have it taken care of before the baby is born. I said she probably would like the pretty lights. Oh well. I guess I don't really want to be one of the crazies with Christmas decorations up in February and March.

The advantage is that part of putting away that stuff meant putting away many boxes in the garage... and I can now fit my car in there. So I guess I got a little reward out of it. :) Sadly, it had snow on it so it didn't make a whole lot of sense to pull it in then, and it had to sit outside anyway.

Cassandra said...

I would have posted sooner but with two kids it took me three days to post my last one. But I am seriously jealous of your shopping trip. I want new shoes!! Well new high heels but then again I could only wear them to church and since it is winter and I have the misfortune to live somewhere that has snow and ice and have a toddler and baby to get from the car to building, high heels are not a good choice. I am also jealous that David likes to shop. Brigham does not but he does like entertaining kids, so I'll shop and he'll wrangle James and Anna. Well maybe just James...Anna is already showing signs of joining her mother and aunt as shopaholics!!

abby said...

Well I updated my blog so you can be happy.

Christa Jeanne said...

Ah, Liz - how I love your blog. Sorry to be among those who took a holiday-induced blogging hiatus for a few weeks there. I'm so behind on my posting and reading - but, as always, I enjoyed your post. And I've been called to repentance. One update down, plenty to come later this week...

And I agree with Em. I can't get the hang of any of the drums on those rockband games - I'm all about the bass.

(PS - I think it's to fun that you and Emily are friends. She and Adj were friends of mine in OC before they married and moved off to Seattle - small world! Gotta love that little BYU world. I can so see you two being friends. I love it!)

Liz said...

Emily- You've been the one other friend who's been blogging so I've been glad to read your posts. And yes, PW is very addicting because she does post so often. I know I can always count on her. And if I get terribly bored, I'll go back and re-read some of her earlier posts from before I starting following her blog daily.

Christa- I love the small Mormon world too. I met Emily our freshmen year at BYU and she was my best friend's roommate for several years before she [the best friend] got married. It's been fun to get re-acquainted now that I've joined Facebook and started blogging. Yay for the internet!

The Nelsen Family: said...

Seriously, I've been busy. Seriously. I know exactly which Kim Possible episode you're referring to, because sadly, I've seen them all. I'm so cool! Actually, John likes it even more than I do...tee hee! Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Anyway, sounds like you've been having fun. I love shopping, I wish I could do more...and without my kiddos, because as fun as THAT is...

I really want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, it looks interesting. I just saw Australia with my family. I loved it, but then again it's by Baz, so that's no surprise.

And isn't Wii Fit awesome? I love it, though I too am unbalanced (makes me think of you being Pole Girl and the phrase "I pulled a Kara!"). John is much better at it than I am, though I like to think it's because he's done it more...

Liz said...

David loves Kim Possible and I've watched a few episodes with me. I'm always surprised how funny they are. I didn't grow up watching cartoons and I'm particularly fond of them, but I do like Kim Possible.

I have a theory that the Wii Fit was designed and tested by men. Every female I've talked to that has used the Wii Fit says that it tells them that they are unbalanced and that their center of balance is way off. I like to believe it's simply a difference of men vs. female and the Wii Fit isn't smart enough to realize the difference. That is, of course, what I tell myself. And I haven't used it in a week so when I get on it next, the little board is going to yell at me. I'm sure of it.