Until next time....
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Drive By Posting
I have not been feeling very bloggy lately so this will be short and probably full of lots of pictures. Work has been keeping me pretty busy these last two weeks (finally!) and David has gone back into work/school hermit mode but he'll be coming up for air next week, just in time for our shared birthday weekend. Our birthdays are only two days apart and we've taken to just having one big birthday celebration over three days. So I'll be back next week to regale you with tales from our birthday extravaganza(s) and maybe I'll even finally convince David to pen an entry as a birthday gift to me. (Hint, hint.) In the meantime, here are some photos from the hike David and I went on last week to Maunawili Falls near Kaneohe.
The falls and the crazy people who were jumping into what I can only imagine is a shallow pool.
On the ridge of the mountain before descending back into the valley to reach the waterfall.
One of the many parts of the hike where we had to jump rocks to get across the stream and continue on our hike. It was very very muddy that day. And we stupidly wore flip flops (slippers, as they call them here).
The stream.
One really awesome tree. The hike was more arduous than I had expected and it was extremely, ridiculously muddy. I'd post a picture of what my legs looked like after the hike, but it's gross, so I'll spare you.
Until next time....
Until next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that you take hikes. I wish we were more adventurous and I were less lazy with these things. :) It looks beautiful!
Hiking (and going to the beach) are about the only things there are to do in Hawaii. But I think you have a VERY good reason for staying in bed and not hiking these days. Plus, I hear it's kinda cold where you are, so staying indoors is probably wise.
Beautiful scenery! It's hard for me to imagine living so close to that kind of thing, seeing as how Texas is...well...not so pretty. And hiking...hehe, funny thought. You could go walking, but there ain't nothing to hike up around here. Flat as a pancake.
Post a Comment