You know what feels like a little slice of heaven?
A hot shower.
I've always thought showers were nice. But sometimes showering was a bit of pain. You know what I mean. When you slept in too late and you had to get dressed in a hurry but you looked like a truck ran you over. So you try to shave your legs while conditioning your hair and you can't remember if you already used shampoo or not. Those are not the type of showers I'm talking about.
I'm talking about the hot, steamy shower you take after a long, long day of breastfeeding and changing poopy diapers and getting spit up all over. After a long, hard, but satisfying day of work to be followed by a comfortable bed and a good night's rest. Or after a hard workout when you smell like a pig but feel like you could conquer the world. Those showers are awesome. I've come to really enjoy and really look forward to a nice, long, hot shower while the baby is finally asleep in her crib. It's my way to relax and unwind and clear my head. It's my me-time and it's become so necessary to my mental well-being. For that brief ten to fifteen minutes, I get to feel like me again.
So yes. I'm thankful for hot showers and indoor plumbing. There's almost nothing else better.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
totally
Post a Comment