Today is the last day of my gratitude countdown, but it may be something I continue to do once or twice a month from now on. I've really enjoyed listing all the things I'm grateful for. Every day I think about what I could write about and I've found so many things to be thankful for. It's really helped me to be so much happier when I stop to think about how truly blessed I am.
On this Thanksgiving Day, I am most grateful for my little family: me, David, and Zara. I love my extended family, of course, but there's something so special and sweet about having your own little family. I felt it most when my parents were visiting. It was the first time I've really spent any time with my parents since getting married and it was surprising to me how different it feels to relate to my parents not just as my parents but as another married couple as well. I've never been more grateful that I married such a wonderful man like David and that we get to build the kind of family we want together. We truly are equal partners and David has really taught me so much about myself and how to communicate effectively. We have very similar goals for our lives and how we want to raise our children. When I think about our future together, I just get so excited at all the possibilities.
I'm absolutely in love with my crazy, chunky, beautiful, smiley, squeaky, joyful, happy monkey baby. I just can't wait to see what kind of woman she becomes and to meet those other potential future children of mine. Sometimes it scares me just a little to think of how much of my life will be devoted to the raising and rearing of children, but then I think that I'll never experience true joy without them. Zara wraps everyone in the joy that she exudes.
But more than all the babies I'll raise, I'm so grateful to have my best friend by my side to wander through this life together.
It truly doesn't get any better than this.
No comments:
Post a Comment