She is, however, one big baby. (I swear I'm producing whole milk here.) Zara finally had her two month check-up just last week and she weighed in at 14.6 pounds (97% percentile) and is 24.5 inches long (90% percentile). Her head is just normal sized (15.5 inches around). I don't think her stats are entirely accurate because they didn't even have me take off her clothes when they weighed her. I've been weighing her naked and she only just hit 14 pounds on our scale the other day. Still, there's no denying that she's a big 'un since some of her 3-6 month clothes are already too small for her.
General Observations, Physical Changes, Etc.
Zara really likes to grab things now and put them in her mouth....if she can figure out how.
The other night, I fell asleep feeding her and when David came into our bedroom to move Zara to her crib. He was waiting to make sure that Zara was good and asleep when Suyom jumped up on the bed and settled down next to Zara. When he looked down again, David discovered that Suyom had flipped her tail near Zara's head and somehow, Suyom's tail had gotten into Zara's mouth. Neither of them seemed to mind it being there.
My obsession with my daughter's hair continues. Except that she obviously got her hair from her father and the longer it grows, the more crazy and wild it is. I just don't know what to do with all of it.
Zara loves to smile. If she's not eating or sleeping, she's smiling. And she's just recently started to giggle out loud. It's the most adorable sound in the world.
She loves her little play-yard. She's gotten very good at hitting and holding onto the little toys that dangle down it. But lately, I'll set her down there and go off to wash the dishes or make dinner and when I look at her again, she's managed to scooch her way halfway off the mat or has turned nearly 180 degrees around. I don't know how she does it but she's definitely wanting to be more mobile. I guess she needs a bigger play area.
She's also learned to roll from her back to her side.
She still detests tummy time but she is getting very good at holding up her head.
Zara has occasionally found her thumb to suck on, but mostly she sucks on her index and middle fingers when she's starting to get hungry.
Zara doesn't really have many nicknames though David and I still call her The Baby, particularly when we're talking to her. As in "Good morning The Baby!" "Does The Baby need a diaper change?" I hope she still learns that her name is Zara and not The Baby.
Eating and sleeping habits
It's probably no surprise to anyone given Zara's weight but she loves to eat. I had been feeding her on demand but I've been trying to space out her feedings to every two hours unless she really seems hungry. Sometimes she goes longer and sometimes she goes shorter but it seems to be working out for the time being.
Zara is still an excellent night-time sleeper. She typically sleeps 6-8 hours at night. Since David has been working the night watch the last two weeks, Zara has been sleeping with me so I notice more when she wakes up. I think she normally just falls back to sleep herself but since we've been sleeping together, she's taken to eating an early morning snack. It doesn't bother me since we both just fall right back to sleep right where we are though I probably should nip it in the bud since I don't want it to become a habit.
Zara is not a great day-time sleeper however. She doesn't typically take a long nap during the day. She tends to fall asleep after every feeding and sleeps for about 15-20 minutes before waking up again. Again, for right now, I'm fine with this system but I do think I'm going to have to slowly work on getting her to take one long nap during the day.
Accomplishments and Firsts
Zara laughed out loud for the first time this month.
Starting to get more mobile and roll onto to side. Holds up her head very well. Zara celebrated her first Thanksgiving this year with our good friends the Cottrells and the Bartletts.
Zara also attended her first movie in a movie theatre. David and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. Zara slept through the whole thing like the awesome baby that she is.
Baby's favorite toys, places to go, etc.
Our friend Kimberly came to Korea this month and so we went and visited several more sites around Seoul. We went to the War Museum, Gyeongbokgung Palace and the Secret Garden, Insadong, the Korean Folk Village, and the Seoul Lantern Festival. Zara is still an excellent traveler, both in her car seat or in the carrier. She typically just falls asleep though lately she has wanted to look around and see more of what's around her.
Zara loves her teddy bear Daisy and her rattle. She's gotten very good at grabbing ahold of these items. She also really loves to grab onto her shirt or her diaper when she's getting a diaper change.
Loves her play yard.
She loves music. We've added the alphabet song, Dog Named Bingo and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to our repotroire. I wish I could remember more fun kids songs.
Now here's a few more photos from this past month: At Gyeongbokgung Palace.
The Korean Folk Village in Suwon. This is my absolute favorite picture of Zara so far. Our friend Kimberly took it and I think Zara looks so adorable in her little Care Bear snowsuit. Such a beautiful baby. Sometimes I really can't believe that she's mine but I'm so glad she is.
No comments:
Post a Comment