Monday, November 22, 2010

Gratitude Countdown - Day 13

I'm grateful for all the places my wandering feet were able to visit this year. We started out the year with a trip to Taiwan, celebrated Memorial Day in China and have spent the last month exploring more of Korea.

I'll be honest: the idea of living in Asia was never all that appealing to me. Asian art, culture, history, and languages have never held the fascination for me that Europe holds for me. (I'd live just about anywhere in Europe in a heartbeat.) But the more time I spend in Asia, the more I come to love it. And while I still don't find ancient Asian history all that exciting, I'm enthralled by its modern history (within the last 100 years) and I have a new desire to learn their languages, particularly Chinese. I've developed a great love for the people of Asia and I'm fairly certain that David and I will be spending more time here in the future. Plus, I think it's really cool that Zara gets to say that she was born in Korea.

I'm so grateful for all the experiences I've had which I could never have predicted for myself. I've learned so much and grown in so many ways.

No comments: