I am very grateful for my health. It is something that is so easy to take for granted until you don't have it. I have been very lucky to have had relatively few health problems in my life aside from the seasonal colds and flus that strike every year (and even then, the last cold I had was last Halloween). Sure, I've broken several bones and received three sets of stitches, but those were the result of being rather accident-prone, and in all cases, I healed completely. Until I got pregnant, my biggest medical issue was my Barothlin gland cysts but since my outpatient surgery two years ago, they haven't bothered me again. I am also grateful for adequate health insurance and access to good health care providers when I've needed it.
My healthy body is a huge blessing. I need to remember to not take it for granted and to treat it better. I should eat better (darn my sweet tooth!) and exercise more. I want my body to last me a long, long time.
Now my teeth, on the other hand, are a whole other story. I should have married a dentist.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm the same way! Good health, horrible teeth. Do you ever wonder when it (some bad health issue or something) is going to sneak up on you? Or maybe I'm just too pessimistic.
No, I'm the same. Every time I go to the doctor, I'm always thinking that they will discover some awful disease. I've been far too lucky for far too long.
Post a Comment