I am grateful for fast and efficient means of transportation. I just finished re-reading Sense and Sensibility for my Book Club this month and I was struck again by how tedious and long any journey over a few miles took back then. A trip of 30 miles would take three days in a cramped carriage, over bumpy dirt roads. Now, I don't even blink an eye when traveling 30 miles. It takes less than an hour.
Since we like to travel, I am incredibly grateful that we have the means to see so many different parts of the world so easily. Even as I type, David is in Boston for a career fair. He left yesterday morning and will return tomorrow evening. He's halfway across the country, over 2,000 miles away, and yet it will only take 5 hours to fly home. That is indeed a miracle and something to be grateful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment