Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gratitude Countdown: Day 1

I can't believe it's already November and that Thanksgiving is only two weeks away. Where does the time go? I'm almost done with my roadtrip updates--and I'll continue to post them until I see them through to the bitter end--but I wanted to do my two week gratitude countdown in anticipation of Thanksgiving again. I really enjoyed doing it last year because it made me very aware of how much I have to be grateful for and how blessed I truly am. I have even more to be thankful for this year so I'll try not to do any repeats from last year. (Maybe. :))

I am grateful that David got into the MBA program at BYU and got out of the Navy. Now, the Navy was very good to us (I'm finding it weirdly hard to let go of our ties to the military) and it was a good job. But it was never David's lifelong career plan; rather, it was a means to an end. He gained some valuable things in those seven years: two degrees (AA in Korean, BA in accounting), financial stability, a home, and a wife and daughter. Though David enjoys learning new languages, he did not love his job. He did his job and he did it well, but he had no passion for it.

But now he absolutely loves what he's doing. He's really enjoying his program and comes home every night excited to share what he did and learned that day. It's such a nice change from the last two years. I'm so glad he got into this program. It was absolutely the right step for him and us.

No comments: