Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude Countdown: Day 6


Today I am grateful for our magnificent black beauty, Suyom the kitty cat, or as Zara calls her, "Dat!"

We've had Suyom for almost three years now and I love that crazy beast a little bit more every day. She's a beautiful creature, quite the world traveler, and a good friend. But she's a cat, so she she only wants affection on her terms. I'm okay with that because most nights, she still comes and cuddles with me while we sleep.

I worried how Suyom would treat a baby in the house (would she be mean? would she hiss? scratch and bite?) but she has been surprisingly patient and gentle with Zara, even when Zara grabs her fur or pets her a little too vigorously. Zara adores the cat and Suyom tolerates her. I couldn't ask for more.

Life just isn't complete without a cat. I'm glad Suyom is ours. I think she's quite pleased with her us being her humans.

No comments: