Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Watched Pot Won't Ever Boil

I feel like I can really relate to this song right now. I'm definitely feeling like a watched pot that doesn't want to boil. Just gotta give it time....


Arcade Fire, Neighboorhood #4 (7 Kettles)

I am waitin’ ’til I don’t know when,
cause I’m sure it’s gonna happen then.
Time keeps creepin’ through the neighborhood,
killing old folks, wakin’ up babies just like we knew it would.

All the neighbors are startin’ up a fire,
burning all the old folks the witches and the liars.
My eyes are covered by the hands of my unborn kids,
but my heart keeps watchin’ through the skin of my eyelids.

They say a watched pot won’t ever boil,
well I closed my eyes and nothin’ changed,
just some water getting hotter in the flames.

It’s not a lover I want no more,
and it’s not heaven I’m pining for,
but there’s some spirit I used to know,
that’s been drowned out by the radio!

They say a watched pot won’t ever boil,
you can’t raise a baby on motor oil,
just like a seed down in the soil you gotta give it time.


I really love Arcade Fire. I need to get their new album. Maybe it'll be my gift to myself for pushing this baby out of me.

4 comments:

mj said...

If you get it from their website you can get a digital copy and a CD for the same price. Or maybe they're doing it that way everywhere. I don't have mine yet b/c they don't accept my two favorite forms of payment, but Chris is going to get it for me.

Also, it's so true about babies and motor oil (um weird line, but whatever Win). Turns out they eat milk and/or formula almost exclusively.

Liz said...

See, I'm pretty old school and I like having the real CD and not just a digital copy. Amazon is selling the MP3s for $3.99 but I still want the real CD. I'll have to check out their actual site.

Nicole said...

http://www.youtube.com/arcadefirevevo?feature=ticker

This should hold you over for awhile...

mj said...

Oh I think what I said was confusing: I meant BOTH for the price of 1. I also like me some physical music.