We ate a delicious meal of homemade breads, chicken salad, and Caesar salad and then played several games. For the first game, Amber gave David a list of questions and the women had to guess how David answered them. I loved his responses and I wanted to always remember them, so I typed them out here.
What does David think?
1. How many diapers will you change in 24 hours?
16 - babies poo a lot
2. How much will your baby weigh?
7 lbs 3 oz. [As long as the baby is under 8 lbs, I'll be happy.]
3. What will be your baby's first word?
Either mama and baba (mom and dad in Chinese)
4. What has Liz craved the most during her pregnancy?
In & Out and Chipotle [He got this one right. I dream about In & Out on a regular basis.]
5. How old will your baby be when it crawls?
5 months
6. At what age will your baby be when it takes its first steps?
8 months
7. Will your baby be born with or without hair and if so what color will it be?
with blonde hair
8. What color do you think your baby's eyes will be?
blue
9. What will be the first toy you buy your baby?
Legos/Duplo (the big Legos)
10. Where do you think your baby will serve his or her mission?
China
11. How old will your baby be when it sleeps through the night?
4 months and 5 days
12. What will be your baby's favorite solid food?
Sugar. Anything sugar owing to Liz's high sugar intake during pregnancy. [Man, I hope that isn't true.]
13. How old will your baby be when it gets its first tooth?
9 months. Hopefully it will be old enough not to bite Liz's breasts. I want them back unscathed. [Now this made me blush.]
14. How often will your newborn baby eat?
Every 53 minutes. Babies are hungry little critters.
15. What will your baby study at school?
That depends. It will either take after Liz and study history/art/literature, or like me and study math/science/business.
16. How old will your child be when it gets married?
25-27. None of that under 21 trash that so many Mormons do. (No offense!)
17. How old will your child be when it makes you a grandpa?
50. They are allowed to marry at 25, but they can't have sex till they are older.
18. What phrase do you think Liz will say during labor?
All the cliches. "You did this to me!" "I'm gonna cut off your....." etc. [I'll have to report back on what I really say. But I have been looking forward to putting David on a guilt trip during labor.]
19. How long do you think Liz will be in labor?
5 hours and 23 minutes [I wish. I'm guessing my first time will take a little longer but given my family history of relatively quick labors, I'm hoping for 8 hours.]
20. What would Liz say her favorite part of being pregnant is?
No headaches. It's easy. She gets out of car inspections. [My favorite part is feeling the baby move. But about the car inspections: when we drive onto the base, the security guards will sometimes do "random" car inspections to make sure you're not bringing anything illegal or dangerous onto the base. They've recently ramped up the number of inspections they perform and we've been pulled over a ridiculous number of times for them to look under our car, check inside our trunks and look under our hood. (It happened twice in one day, even.) But the last few times they've tried to inspect my car, I've very sternly said, "I'm nine months pregnant. I am not climbing out of my car so you can inspect it." And the flustered Korean men just wave me on by because they don't speak English well enough to argue with me. It's been nice.]
21. What piece of advice would you give someone having their first baby?
Seeing as how I had no idea how to answer these questions, I recommend that they learn more about baby development. But besides that, I'd tell the fathers to do everything they can to make the mother comfortable, and I'd tell the mothers to try not to worry about the things they can't control and to enjoy the experience of growing a baby as much as possible because guys will never know what that is like. [I think this is great advice.]
David is so excited for our baby to arrive. Of course, that's easy for him to say since he's not the one that actually has to push a baby out of him, but I'm getting pretty excited myself. I really hope the baby will come soon (mostly so we can avoid being induced) and every day brings us that much closer to having our own baby in our arms.
3 comments:
So cute I love all your pictures! You guys look great!
Ha ha. Those are some funny answers. p.s., crawling at 5 months and walking at 8 would be a nightmare.
Can you send me the recipe for those cheesecakes. They look very yummy.
Post a Comment