I went in for my 38 week check-up today and the prognosis was good. I met with the new head of OB (who just moved to Korea) and while she seems like the no-nonsense, take charge type of doctor, she was also supportive of my decisions and I liked her quite a bit. I just hope one of the doctors I like is on call the day I give birth. There are two doctors on base who are on my bad list, but I've really liked the other ones I've met. (Since this is a big turn-around period in the military, there are 3 new OB-GYNs at the hospital. I've met two of the three news ones. Sadly, my favorite doctor is leaving next month.)
Anyway, they checked my cervix (and boy was that uncomfortable....just a preview of what's to come, I suspect) and I'm already 2 centimeters dilated and 75% effaced and the doctor could feel the baby's head.
The doctors are still a little concerned about my blood pressure (since I'm an over-anxious person and my blood pressure tends to read a little high at first) and they've talked about inducing me on my due date, if not before. But my doula thinks that with her natural labor induction practices/exercises and the state of my cervix, I'll be giving birth next week. The thought is both exhilarating and daunting. I'm excited it may happen so soon, but also [naturally] a little terrified of what's to come. I just hope I make it past my baby shower on Saturday! (I still really need a few items before the baby arrives and I'm hoping I'll receive some of them at the shower. Is that awful?)
So Baby, feel free to drop on down and exit my uterus anytime after 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 14th.
Maybe I should go pack my hospital bag.....just in case.
4 comments:
Suyom is on bug patrol - she's on high alert, and making sure there are no bugs coming from above!
:-D I'm about a quarter of the way through an email for you... will try to finish soon!!!
James was sitting on my lap when I opened your blog. He said "Lizzie is beautiful! She has a baby in her tummy too" Then he would not let me read the post because he wanted to keep looking at your picture. And there are some black cats that are very photogenic. Seuss was especially so.
I like that James. He has good taste. :-)
Suyom can be very photogenic, but I have to find just the right light or else her whole face is drowned out. And yes, Seuss was very photogenic.
Liz, you look good! So close to the end now, don't you wish that someone could just tell you when the baby's coming?
I waited until the last minute to pack my hospital bag. Once it was done I felt a little relieved. There's something final about having that bag packed.
I can't wait to hear about your new baby... hope it's sooner than later for you! I've heard that once you start progressing things can get pretty uncomfortable. :)
Post a Comment