Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Last Day

Well, here it is folks. My last day as a pregnant woman. Our last day as a childless couple. I'm trying real hard to not freak out but it's kinda hard. Of course, I'm insanely excited for our baby to FINALLY be here but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm also a little nervous about how the whole thing will go down.

We got our extra week and David and I are very thankful for that. We knew that the baby would probably not come on its own (stubborn little thing that it is) but unlike last week, when the thought of induction had us miserable and anxious, we feel at peace with being induced tomorrow. I don't know what changed--I'm still not thrilled about being induced--but somehow that extra week was what both the baby and I needed. I feel like my body is ready to give birth, it just needs a little kick-start. I'm hoping that either just breaking my waters or a low dosage of Pictocin will be just the trick. So, we're going in at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning (6 a.m.) to get checked in and prepped. My doctor comes on shift at 7:30 a.m. so sometime soon after that, they'll start the induction. I hope we'll have some good news to report soon after that. David is convinced I'll have a fast labor, but I'm not getting my hopes up.....too much. I don't know how, but we'll try to keep everyone updated via Facebook and the blog.

So on my last day before motherhood, I plan to do a little cleaning so the house isn't a disaster when I come home from the hospital, re-pack my hospital bag, tidy up the nursery, finish a load or two of laundry, pet Suyom for a good while, and spend some quality time with David. And tomorrow, fingers crossed, I'll be holding my baby in my arms. Good thing too. My belly can't take it anymore.

3 comments:

The Kovar Family said...

Good luck! I remember my last day very clearly... since I had to have a c-section I knew exactly when he would be born. It is surreal when you know what is happening. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy your last day of pregnancy. And I hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow.

mj said...

If I can do this, you can! You will be brilliant, Liz. Enjoy your sweet newborn. Also make David change all the diapers at the hospital. You will be knee-deep in them soon enough!

Emily said...

We're in Mexico and I went to the business center just to check what's going on with you... and facebook is being weird letting me log in from a different location (GAH!) so I can't leave you a message there, but I'm sure everything is done by now and you have a sweet little baby! I hope everything went well, and if I can find an open wifi to use the facebook app on my phone then I'll hopefully get some updated info. Hehe.