Wednesday, June 3, 2015

32 Weeks

I figure that since this is probably the last time I'll be pregnant (barring some divine intervention or faulty birth control) I should try to document this pregnancy a little better. Not the greatest picture, but this is me at 32 weeks. 


I'm always surprised how often random people see me and know just by looking at my stomach that I'm having a boy. I know it's supposedly in how you carry, but honestly, I don't think there's really been a difference in how I've carried the girls versus this boy. And though many people say their pregnancies feel very different depending on the sex of their child, this has felt very similar to my previous pregnancies, though I'm maybe a little bit more tired. I do, however, feel gigantically huge, but I have to assume that's all in my head. Still, it's always disconcerting when you can't see your own feet.

I feel very fortunate that (so far) my pregnancy has been healthy and relatively easy with no unexpected complications or risks. I'm always anxious that something somewhere could go wrong, but so far, everything is proceeding as it should. Since Atlanta doesn't have any birth centers and I didn't feel quite comfortable with a homebirth,  I'm working with a group of midwives that deliver at one of two hospitals in metro Atlanta hospitals that offer waterbirths and have more natural childbirth friendly policies. Their practice and the hospital are both in Midtown Atlanta so it's a bit of a drive and I can only hope I don't go into labor at the height of rush hour traffic.

We have absolutely no idea what we're going to name this kid and I'm feeling rather uninspired by even the small list of candidates we've created so far.  Naming kids is hard, but I know we'll figure out something once he's born. The girls--especially Zara--are excited for their baby brother to arrive. I am too, until I remember how much I have to do still to prepare for his arrival and when I think about the actual process of giving birth. Again.

And don't even get me started on how freaked out I am about having 3 kids.

No comments: