Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Park and Pool

Every Wednesday this summer, our Relief Society has organized a trip to a different park in the area. Some are nearby, others are farther afield. Today's park was Chastain Park, which I had never been to before as it's located in the perimeter, near Buckhead. It took us awhile to find the park, but it had the great benefit of being at least a little shady. With temperatures climbing up in the 90s (with the humidity) a little shade goes a long way.

We played at the park for a little bit before we decided to head to their pool which is free before noon. It was a great pool. The far end was shady and very shallow which was perfect for Zara. She's been taking swim lessons and is eager to swim every chance she gets. But Adelaide, however, hates the water and doesn't want to get in. But at this pool, Zara can swim around on her own and I don't have to worry about being in the pool with her the whole time. We will definitely return.

1 comment:

abby said...

When I was last in Atlanta in the early 90s, we went to Chastain park for a concert. I don't know if they still do concerts there, but it was pretty fun if I remember.