I was super ambitious this year and decided to hand make gifts for my nieces and nephews. But my ambition faded pretty rapidly so most of them (on David's side) didn't get a handmade gift. But I did finish gifts for a few of them. Most of them, I think, turned out really great.
These are the gifts I made for my sister's four kids. I'm pretty proud of these.
These two bags were made for her oldest children, James and Anna, who both got kid's tablets for Christmas. I designed the bags to fit the dimensions of their Kindles and then lined each of them with quilt batting for extra protection.
The bag with the S was made for Seth, who's Zara's age. Inside was Play-Doh and some cookie cutters. I thought this bag would be really quick but it actually took way longer than I anticipated.
The snake was made for her youngest boy, Ian. It was fun to make but stuffing that thing actually took forever and I had to use an interesting combination of a spoon and a chopstick to get all that batting to the very end of the tail.
Here's a few of the other things I made. I made blocks for the youngest babies in the family and I made the bag in the middle for my brother's daughter Grisette. That one turned out really cute. I also made a few bags for the littlest girls on David's side. Those bags are really easy and fast to make. They take less than an hour.
I wish I had been able to tackle all the projects I had originally wanted to but I'm happy with how everything turned out that I did get to make. Handmade Christmas is a lot of fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment