Last month, Zara's preschool class went on their first field trip and Adelaide and I tagged along. We went to Petit Creek Farm out in Cartersville, Georgia. It's only about a 30-45 minute drive north from Marietta, but it definitely feels more rural. We drove through historic downtown Cartersville on our way out to the farm and it had all the charm of a small historic town that I love. They have several museums there too which I'd love to go back and check out.
Our first stop at the farm was to feed the goats and sheep. Adelaide has absolutely no fear of any living creature and walked right up to them.
Zara, on the other hand, kept a respectful distance.
After feeding the animals, the kids moved onto stuffing scarecrows full of hair.
Zara and her classmate Leticia were paired up and tried to get to work.
Their final scarecrow. He could have used a bit more in the middle.
Next we went on a hay ride through the farm's grounds to see the other animals they had.
There were horses, cows, sheep, pigs, and all of that, but strangely, also zebra, camels, and kangaroos.
Next, we went to the pig races. Here's all of Zara's class lined up waiting for the pigs to be released.
And they're off!
Our next stops included a bouncy house, a corn maze and then a picnic lunch. It was fun to be able to go with Zara on her field trip. Next month, they're going to see the Nutcracker and I'm hoping that I may get to go with them again.









No comments:
Post a Comment