Friday, November 7, 2014

A New Promise

Everytime I come here to post something I promise I'm going to do better at posting more. Obviously, I'm a big fat liar. I've learned to live with it.

I do post a lot of things on Facebook because it's really easy to do. I can snap a photo on my phone and upload it to Facebook right away. Easy and done. But I have to log into my computer, upload new photos from either my camera or phone, then import them into Blogger and find something witty to say about them in order to post on here. It takes time and energy I just don't have.

But I want to have our memories documented on this blog for easier access and searchability, which Facebook does not allow. So instead of making this about big trips or special events (which will still certainly be featured), I want to try to post at least once or twice a week with just a photo or anecdote or update on the week. The girls are growing and changing way too fast and I'm forgetting too much already.

I have about 3 months worth of adventures to post about and I do hope to get to them soon but I don't want to neglect the here and now while I try to play catch up. So stay tuned. I hope to around much more from now on. (And I'm really thinking I'm going to really try this time. Or at least I'll feel actual guilt when I inevitably fail.)

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this snapshot of Adelaide from last night as I was getting the girls ready for bed.


Gives new meaning to bareback riding, doesn't it?

And rather appropriately, the book Adelaide is holding is The Red Pony by John Steinbeck.

No comments: