Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cherry Blossoms

It's cherry blossom season in Asia. Many of our friends traveled all over Korea to attend cherry blossom festivals but David and I decided to have our own little festival right here in Seoul. We found a nice little street that was lined with trees and walked up and down it. It was really exciting. And festive. No seriously, cherry blossoms are gorgeous and they always make me smile every time I see a tree in all its pink glory.

That big building in the background is the War Museum. It's actually a fascinating museum. I just forgot to bring my camera when we went. I must bring it the next time I go.

There's something so sweet and ethereal about all those tiny pink blossoms. But David keeps wondering, "What's the point?" I mean, the blossoms only last for two, maybe three weeks and then they fall off and are replaced by leaves.

And it's a very good thing we went last week, because most of the trees have already lost their blossoms now. Still, it was gorgeous while it lasted.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Do they remind you of DC's cherry blossoms? Or are they different looking/smelling? :-)

Liz said...

I think most cherry blossom trees are the same. At least, I can discern no difference between the ones here and the ones in D.C.