A few weeks ago, my friend Amanda showed this cute animal hat idea to our knitting group. Since I needed a new knitting project--and since I already had a skein of the perfect tan yarn in my knitting basket--I decided to do it. I started knitting the hat in the round and by the end of the week, I was nearly done. But, as I was transferring my hat from the circular needles to sticks (which you need to do when you have less stitches to work with as you decrease at the top), I dropped a few stitches and couldn't figure out how to fix them. I decided to wait until our next knitting group to have Kathryn, the knitting goddess, fix the mess I had made. But as my luck would have it, sicknesses and cancellations and other events got in the way, and we didn't have any of our weekly knitting group get-togethers during March.
Today we had our knitting group (which often seconds as a group therapy session for all us crazy displaced military wives) and Kathryn was finally able to fix my hat so I could finish making the bear on top. I think it turned out pretty cute.
And here's a closer view. It's a little silly but also ridiculously cute. I just hope it'll fit my little baby so I can admire my handiwork more. It's always nice to finish one project of the many I want to do!
1 comment:
Your quilt turned out nice! Very patriotic!
Post a Comment