Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Baby Bump

Ever since that home pregnancy test showed me a plus-sign back in December, I've been anxiously awaiting the day when I would look and feel pregnant. Oh sure, the nausea was a good indication that something was up and seeing the first ultrasound at 12 weeks was nothing short of awesome, but it's sometimes all too surprisingly easy to forget--or simply to doubt--that I'm really pregnant. Every week since the first trimester ended, I've been encouraging Baby to grow so that I could have a little belly to show off. I didn't take any photographs before since it really didn't seem like there was anything there worth showing. (Plus, I find the whole photograph-my-belly-at-every-week thing to be a little silly, and yet, I want documentation. I swear I've lost half my sanity since getting pregnant.) I finally broke down and made David take some photos of me this week. (I felt really stupid. I will probably continue to feel stupid, but I will also probably continue to take photographs every few weeks to chart my growing baby bump.)

So here I am at 19 weeks. (Though according to the OB-GYN, I'm at 20 weeks since they bumped up the due date.) I know it's a little difficult to tell that there is a baby bump there because my breasts have also decided that now would be a fun time to become INSANE. I'm seriously working my way into bra sizes I never knew existed and are impossible to find. I ordered new bras about 3 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived and my old bras can barely contain the surplus. (David, of course, sees nothing wrong with this situation.)

I'm starting to feel flutterings of movement more and more (though it happens so quick and so suddenly that I always question whether it was really the baby or not) and I know David is super anxious for Baby to start kicking and moving so he can feel him too. In two weeks, we finally get to have our ultrasound to find out if Baby really is the boy we're convinced that he is.*

I'm curious......does anyone think I'm going to have a girl?

* For the record, David and I will be happy with a boy or a girl. We just want a healthy baby. But we both just feel that this baby is a boy. And we will both feel like idiots if we are wrong. But we won't be. I hope....

4 comments:

The Kovar Family said...

I took pictures about every month when I was pregnant - and felt a little silly, but at the end it was fun to watch the progression. You have a cute bump! I'll go with guessing boy - the parents usually are right if they have a strong intuition. :)

Nicole said...

Yaaay profile picture! You are looking great! :-)

Cassandra said...

I never took pregnancy pictures with James and Anna; I did not think to with James and there was no one to take pictures of me with Anna. You look good, I have a bigger baby bump and I am five weeks behind you. And Brigham also likes the increase of curves during pregnancy despite the dirty looks I give him when he compliments me on them.

Amber said...

You look so cute! I love your baby bump. You have me convinced it is a boy too...we will have to change our mind set if it's not. Either way you guys are going to make great parents.