Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Picture Tag

I've been tagged by Kara! So here it is. The rules: The rules are you have to take ten pictures of the following things. And you have to do it right away. No straightening, cleaning or wiping your child's nose. Then you tag five others.

1. The kitchen sink:
Okay, I have to confess, I did the dishes before I took the picture, but you can see all the dishes in the dish rack. The sink is nice and big but I wish we had two separate sinks. It would make washing dishes by hand much easier.

2. The toilet(s):

Our glorious commode. It's the only toilet we have. The previous owners re-did the bathroom and it's pretty nice now, although a tad cramped. All space is at a premium in Hawaii.

3. The laundry room: More like the laundry closet in our case. But I like our machines. They do good work. David deals with most of the laundry. He's quite proficient at removing stains from clothing, particularly all the chocolate I manage to get on myself.

4. The refrigerator: We just went to the grocery store last night so it's rather packed now, mostly with a lot of water. You can't tell, but behind the milk and orange juice are more rows and rows of water bottles. Most of the second shelf is taken over by our flour and sugar which we keep in there so the humidity and scavenging ants and bugs don't attack it. I can't wait to get a Foodsaver. That'll hopefully free up some room in there.

5. Your spouse/children RIGHT NOW:I took a lot of these pictures this afternoon and I tried to get a good shot of David arriving home from work but none of those shots turned out really well. Since it's taken me a few hours to finally post this tag, I decided to take a more recent picture of David, looking very annoyed while doing his history homework.

6. Favorite shoes: Like many, I have my favorite cute shoes and then my favorite shoes that I wear everyday. I love my black Reefs (above) but sadly they are almost worn through. And this is my third pair of them! Below are my current favorite shoes which I just bought last weekend. Red is a lot of fun. And David quite approves. :-)
7. Favorite room:
Don't have very many rooms to pick from but I love our bookcases and the Wii is a lot of fun.

8. Dream vacation: I pretty much want to go everywhere--and there's no place I'd say no to--but I'm most looking forward to exploring Asia if and when David and I live in Korea. We've talked a lot about going to China, Taiwan (where David served his mission), Thailand, India, Japan and any other country we can possibly visit there. I'm most excited to see China. Although, truth be told, if I could magically appear in any location right this second, I'd want to go back to Rome, to the Piazza Santa Maria in Travestere where I could sit on the steps of the old fountain and eat gelato. That would be pure bliss.

9. Self portrait: I took another one. As usual, this is about as good as it gets for me right now. I hardly wear my hair down anymore because it gets too hot and sweaty. I've threatened to cut it all off but I know it would sadden David and I'd soon regret it. Hopefully somewhat cooler weather will start blowing our way.

ETA: After posting this tag and taking all the pictures, I realized that the instructions say there are 10 photographs to take, but yet others who had done the tag before me were only posting 9 photographs. So I did some investigating and discovered the tenth photograph is supposed to be your closet (actually it should be number 8 in the lineup). So here is a picture of my closet from a few weeks ago. Believe me, it looks the same:

So I guess now I'm supposed to tag 5 people. Since Kara and Emily were already tagged, that leaves about 3 other people who I know read this blog so.....you're it!

No comments: