Last night, in celebration of the Fourth of July, David and I went over to his friend Alicia's house. She lives in the base housing right outside of the Pearl Harbor, so we had an awesome view of the fireworks from the roof of her house. We could see fireworks down in Waikiki and Hickham, but the Pearl Harbor fireworks were literally right in front of us. It seems like an exercise in pointlessness to capture fireworks on film, but still I attempted. Only a few actually looked decent.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Oahu Adventures
There are a few perks of being married to someone in the military. Besides the sweet benefits and access to the commissary and NEX (because I seriously could not afford to shop at the grocery stores here....waaaaay too expensive), you get access to certain parts of the island that civilians can't reach. Last weekend, David and I went to our favorite beach in Oahu at Bellows Air Force Station, about an hour away. The beaches of North Shore are only 20 minutes away, but nothing beats Bellows, in my opinion. There is a public beach for civilians which is oftentimes open on the weekends, but if you go farther back, past the gate check point, you get to a military private beach that is never too crowded, has clear warm water, and soft powdery sand. David and I enjoyed swimming and I attempted to teach him how to boogie board with little success but that was more due to the smallish waves. But it sure was pretty.


Last night, in celebration of the Fourth of July, David and I went over to his friend Alicia's house. She lives in the base housing right outside of the Pearl Harbor, so we had an awesome view of the fireworks from the roof of her house. We could see fireworks down in Waikiki and Hickham, but the Pearl Harbor fireworks were literally right in front of us. It seems like an exercise in pointlessness to capture fireworks on film, but still I attempted. Only a few actually looked decent.


After watching the fireworks show, David and I played Guitar Hero and Rockband on Alicia's XBox and now I understand the addiction. I loved Rockband, especially the drums, and I surprised even myself by how much I enjoyed rockin' out on lead vocals. Now I really wish we had a TV so we could hook up our Wii. Hopefully by next week, we'll have everything we need to start rocking out at home.
Last night, in celebration of the Fourth of July, David and I went over to his friend Alicia's house. She lives in the base housing right outside of the Pearl Harbor, so we had an awesome view of the fireworks from the roof of her house. We could see fireworks down in Waikiki and Hickham, but the Pearl Harbor fireworks were literally right in front of us. It seems like an exercise in pointlessness to capture fireworks on film, but still I attempted. Only a few actually looked decent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That really makes me want to visit Hawaii...I could use a little r&r.
Post a Comment