At the commissary (military grocery store for those not in the know) last night, I proceeded to buy many ingredients for a healthier style of living, including lots of fruits and vegetables and less frozen and/or processed ingredients. I always hit the produce section last before leaving the grocery store so it doesn't have to sit in my cart while I look through rows and rows of non-perishable items. As David and I were collecting zucchini, corn, snow peas, strawberries, and lemons, we discovered that there were no blueberries left. I was heart-broken. I determined that I could just cover the whole tart with strawberries (which is fine, because I like strawberries more) but I had been so set on embracing the blueberry. Then, what should appear, but a nice produce man with boxes and boxes of blueberries and strawberries and raspberries to restock the dwindling supplies. It was a sign from the food gods that I was to lead a healthier, more blueberrier life. (At least during the summer.)
Today, I tackled the blueberry tart. The results are quite pretty and very tasty (if I do say so myself) and I felt compelled to share my blueberry and strawberry tart success with the public:
Proudly displaying my tart. I was very happy it did not slide right out of its pan. That would have been embarrassing.
David preparing for his first bite. Always the over-actor....
Looking forward to his next bite of blueberry goodness.
So my friends, this post ends with a happy, blueberry filled stomach and a delicious recipe to pass along. Next on my list is a sesame seed noodle dish, lemon ice cream, and artisanal bread like the kind I ate in Italy. Since my attempt at whole-wheat pizza dough was a resounding success, I'm feeling very good about my chances of surviving the terror that is bread-making. And maybe, you'll get a fun little post and happy pictures to accompany it.
2 comments:
You should give a tour of your place in one of your blog entries. It looks pretty nice from the background. It must be awesome to have a place of your own.
I've been trying to take pictures of the condo but either 1) it's a mess and I don't want anyone to see how messy we get or 2) the pictures don't turn out very well because there isn't enough light. (We really need to get a new camera.) It is very nice to have our own place and getting to decorate it but unfortunately our funds have run out so we can't do any more improvements right now. But it is still a nice place.
Post a Comment