Playing catch up from my blog hiatus. Next up, Adelaide's move from a crib to a twin bed, or as she likes to call it, her big bed girl bed.
Even after Benjamin's birth, Adelaide was still sleeping in her crib. She didn't seem to mind it but she had started climbing on the railing. While she had never climbed OUT of the bed, we knew it was only a matter of time. We had bought Zara's twin bed at Costco and so we went to Costco to pick up a bed for Adelaide.....but they didn't have any. I checked back every time I went to Costco (which is a lot because I love Costco and have a huge love of buying things in bulk) but still no beds.
I started shopping around at other locations but the beds were so much more expensive than the one we had bought for Zara and I really didn't want to have to pay so much. Plus, most of the other stores don't carry the mattresses in the store and so we'd have to pay extra to have it delivered to us. I also didn't want to buy a super cheap mattress for Adelaide but something comparable to what Zara has so that both will last a good long while. So Adelaide kept sleeping in her crib and I decided we'd figure it out after Christmas.
Well, I was shopping at Costco the week after our return from California and lo and behold, they had twin mattresses! So we speedily purchased the set and took it home, strapped to the roof of David's car.
The next day, I took Adelaide shopping at Target for new sheets/comforter. I wanted her to get something that would work well with the current color scheme (PINK and MORE PINK) and she selected this cute comforter with horses and stars.
We got the bed all set up and Adelaide needed very little convincing to sleep in her new bed. She's done great in her big girl bed (big bed girl bed) and it was a pretty seamless transition.
Now, potty training on the other hand.....that's another story.



No comments:
Post a Comment