A few months back, a woman in our ward posted a plea on our Facebook page looking for someone who could catsit her two cats for an extended period of time. A student at the local chiropractic college here, she was taking a semester off to spend time with family and tavel and needed someone who could watch her cats for nearly 3 months.
Always a sucker for cats, I volunteered the Malones. So just before Christmas, Jack and Annie came to stay with us. They've been with us for about two months now and I think they've finally gotten used to us, although they are still rather gunshy around the girls. Annie was the first to grow accustomed to us and she'll roam around the house freely and mostly tolerates the girls. Jack spent the first two weeks hiding under the bed and only came out when the girls were asleep. Now, he doesn't hide as much but he still tends to stay away from the girls as much as possible. But as soon as they've gone to sleep, Jack is immediately in your face, seeking love and affection.
![]() |
| Annie, small and gentle |
![]() |
| Jack, neurotic and affectionate |
I really love having cats in the home again, but I do not love the cat litter everywhere. I love the cuddles, but I do not love the sharp claws digging into my skin. I love the purrs, but I do not love the way Jack feels the need to interrupt me every single time I'm using the computer. So yes, I want another cat, but I think I'm okay with waiting a little while before we adopt a new one. I know the girls will be sad when Jack and Annie leave next month, but I'm sure we'll find them something new to distract them with soon enough. But I'm going to enjoy them while they are here.


No comments:
Post a Comment