Any mother will tell you that shopping with kids is one of life's great frustrations and a wonderful natural birth control. The thought of adding one more child to my shopping escapades makes me want to break out into a cold sweat. And I typically do my shopping when Zara is at school so I only have one child with me.
That child would happen to be Adelaide who seems determined to leap to her death from the shopping cart child seat. I can't get that kid to sit down, stay down, or not try to climb all over me while shopping. If she's not insisting I hold her while pushing my monstrous cart along, she's trying to push the cart herself, and she doesn't take kindly to any stops along the way.
On my last Costco outing, I devised an ingenious plan to distract Adelaide by offering her a See's Candy chocolate lollipop. It worked like a charm....except for the fact that she was covered in chocolate by the time she was done.
But hey....she stayed in the cart and I got my shopping done in record time. Who cares if she'll never be able to wear that outfit again?
No comments:
Post a Comment