Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy 4 Years!

In honor of our four-year anniversary, David and I reflected on our favorite moments from each year of our marriage. Most of them involve trips, but one is obviously about a certain little girl who looks a lot like her father.

4 Memorable Moments in 4 Years

Year 1 - Kauai
Right before we left Hawaii to move to Korea, David and I took a weekend trip to Kauai. Though we both enjoyed our honeymoon to the Big Island, we both agreed that we liked Kauai more. Not only is it a smaller, more quiet island, but we had a great time hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, and just enjoying our time together. Ahh, life before children. It was grand, it was. 

Year 2 - Taiwan/China
Our first year in Korea, David and I had the chance (pre-Zara, of course) to do some traveling. David loved getting to take me to Taiwan and his old mission haunts and introducing me to people he knew there. We had a great time (although I was newly pregnant and therefore slightly nauseated a great deal of the time). I loved our trip to China and I can't wait to go back. Hiking the Great Wall of China while 6 month pregnant will probably always be something I'll be insanely proud of. 

Year 3 - Zara Hope Malone makes her debut
Yes, year 3 was completely overshadowed by one little girl making her entrance on August 31. In gestation, as in life, she is one independent and determined little lady and it's a good thing I didn't actually get induced because if there's one thing I've learned about Zara in my 2 years as her mother, it's that she wants to do everything for herself and you simply cannot convince to do something if she does not want to do it. 

Year 4 - Road trip.
Year 4 marked our return to the United States and the start of David's MBA program. It's been a great year in so many ways, but we'll always mark our great American road trip as a highlight of our early years of marriage. We saw so many friends, visited so many cool places, and enjoyed so much of our beautiful country, that I'll always remember our road trip fondly and look forward to doing another one.

Here's hoping for another 40 years together, at least!

No comments: