I've had a good life. Sometimes it is really easy to forget that fact, especially when I compare my life to what I imagined as a teenager. I think, "Well, I haven't achieved this" or "I haven't done this like I said I would" or most especially, "I thought I'd have more to show for my life by age [insert whatever age I am now]." It's so easy to slip into the lie--especially after changing my fourth diaper of the day and cleaning up after the whirlwind that is Zara Malone--that I have nothing to show for myself. It's not true but it's so, so easy to think it.
There are lots of things I want to accomplish in my lifetime. Lots of places to see, goals to complete, milestones to reach. And while the thought of achieving any number of these life goals for myself fills me with a sense of purpose and excitement, sometimes I just have to stop and remind myself that even if it takes me another 30 years to get there, I've had a pretty good run of it so far.
So what are you proud of doing so far in your life? And what do you hope to accomplish in the future?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment