Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Zara at Nine Months!

Let's do this quick and easy, ok? Since I'm so late on getting this one done.

This is my baby.
Her name is Zara.


Sometimes I call her Baby Lee. Or Babyly. I can't decide which one I mean. Is it a proper noun or an adjective?
I don't know. But that's the only nickname I have for her.
Well, I do sometimes call her Baby Z or just The Baby. Real original, don't you think?
She went swimming for the first time this month.
And swinging. She did for the first time too. She really enjoyed herself. Also. She walks. Toddling, teetering little baby steps of absolute cuteness. Her highest count is 8 steps in a row without falling on her wee little bum. She's getting better.
The little monster. She likes mangoes and strawberries and butternut squash. And really, she'll put just about anything into her mouth that you give her so I stopped trying to be all methodical and organized in her introduction to solids stuff. Wait 4 days between each new item? Not this little girl. She just eats what we eat. And comes out looking like an oompa loompa afterwards.
She has four little baby teeth. Two on bottom and two on top. Those top two took years to come in. And now she bites. It hurts. I seriously have bruises on my arms from where she's bitten me. Can you charge a 9 month old with domestic abuse?
She's sweetness and light. Sugar and spice and all those fluffy things people say about babies.
Except when she's not. Then she's a baby monster. I don't like baby monsters. Luckily, now there's a grandma around to help out when I'm seriously considering giving her away.
She's still not a great sleeper. And she absolutely refuses to sleep in a crib. And really, I like co-sleeping but we seriously need a bigger bed. Especially when this baby flails and flings herself around all night long.
Zara knows when a toy has been specially designed for a baby and will therefore not play with it. Baby toys are lame, apparently. Straws and cell phones and remote controls and computers and books and magazines are so much more fun.
I love this baby, oh boy I do.

No comments: