Monday, June 27, 2011

The Beach

While we were in San Diego, we went to La Jolla Shores, one of my favorite beaches in San Diego to give Zara her first experience with sand and surf. She greatly enjoyed the sand part and was tolerant of the surf part but all in all, we had a great time. Zara loved playing in the sand--eating the sand, mostly--and knocking down all the sandcastles that David built for her. David tried to bury Zara on many occasions, which she didn't mind in the least, because it brought her that much closer to more delicious sand. David also built a sea turtle out of sand which I found rather impressive because it actually does look like a sea turtle and many of David's other artistic endeavors don't always resemble what they're supposed to. (Unless he's made them out of Legos. He's a Lego master.) Here are a few of my favorite photos from the beach. Hopefully, I'll get up more photos from our road trip soon.











3 comments:

abby said...

I love your bathing suit Liz. I also love Zara's curls. :)

Amber said...

Liz you could be a model for your swimsuit. You pretty woman. Fun times in the sand. Zara and David are super cute in that first pic.

Nicole C said...

LOVE your suit! Very retro and modestly sexy momma! ;-)