Friday, April 8, 2011

And We're Moving To.....

Since graduating from college in August of 2005, I've lived some pretty exciting places.

There was the year I spent living in the beautiful splendor of Monterey, California where David and I met. Of all the places I've lived, Monterey is the one I'd most want to move back to.

And then I spent two years living in our nation's capitol, Washington, D.C., attending graduate school, working at awesome museums and meeting some of the coolest people in the world. My history-lovin' heart was full.

After marrying David, I moved to Oahu (where he'd already been living for two years). It is a tropical paradise but of all the places I have lived, Hawaii is the last one I'd want to move back to. But I'd certainly go there on vacation.

After a year in Hawaii, we moved here, to Seoul, Korea in 2008 where our daughter was born. I've loved living here and I find myself getting increasingly misty-eyed as I contemplate leaving.

But leave we must.

David will be getting out of the Navy (hooray) and finishing his Bachelor's degree in Accounting (double hooray) and so we can go anywhere and do anything we want.

So what exciting new locale will we be moving to come August?





Provo, Utah. (Well, hopefully we won't be living right in Provo....I'd prefer American Fork, Springville or Lehi....)

Exciting, right?

Kind of tame after Monterey, Washington DC, Hawaii, and Seoul but we couldn't be more excited. (Well, David still isn't super excited about Utah itself but he is excited for the reason we are moving there.)

David will be starting an MBA program in finance and international business at BYU in the fall. He just got his acceptance email this morning. I'm so proud of him. He's worked really, really hard and I'm so glad BYU recognized his potential.

I'm looking forward to being closer to family, living in AMERICA again, and all the glorious food. Utah I can take for two years. And then you better believe we'll be moving on to somewhere far more thrilling.

I'm hoping for China. :)

5 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

No way!!! Liz, we can play. I'm here. And it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Provo's become much hipper than it was in our BYU days. Big congrats to David!!! So excited for you guys to be closer to fam.

Also, with wherever you move, remember there's nasty construction traffic through next December. I commute from Draper to Orem, and it's getting pretty old (but is still worth it). You may want to consider a nice part of Orem or Springville. AF is pretty nice, though.

abby said...

I'm sorry you have to move back to Provo, but what a smart husband you have to get into the BYU MBA program. If I'm in Utah in the next two years, I will see you guys.

mj said...

Congrats to David! And you know, the Provo area IS really beautiful so I'm sure there are lots of things you can take advantage of living there.

Liz said...

I am actually pretty excited to move back there. We will be closer to family and there are lots of beautiful places and fun things to do there.

Christa, I'd definitely love to meet up once we're in Utah. I'd also love it if you could keep your ears open for any potential jobs for someone with two degrees in American Studies. ;) Since David won't be able to work while in school, I'm looking for maybe something part-time or full-time (if it's just too good to pass up).

Kiersten said...

That is exciting news. I was so anxious to leave Utah when we moved to Illinois, but I started to miss it almost immediately. There is no other place in the world with scenery quite like that. The mountains are so breathtaking. And I feel a pang of sorrow every time I miss a cool exhibit at the MOA. Plus, they have In-N-Out there now. Congrats!