....doesn't really exist around our house these days. It's hard with a baby. A baby who crawls. And I get a bit distracted sometimes. Let me illustrate.
My objective: To move the laundry from the washer to the dryer in twelve steps or less.
Twelve!, you say?
Yes twelve.
If I may....
Step 1: Open up dryer and see that it is still full of your baby's clean diapers and remember, oh yes! this is why I'm always scrambling to the laundry room with a half-naked baby.
Step 2: Remove said diapers and put them on the chair in the nursery. Don't fold them and put them away like a sensible person would. That would just be silly. You are being productive!
Step 3: Pause to admire a sleeping baby. And check that she's still breathing. (It's totally okay to be obnoxiously paranoid.)
Step 4: Decide you need a picture of sleeping baby, who is, of course, the cutest baby who ever slept in all the world!
Step 5: Try to find camera. Forget what you were looking for halfway through the endeavor and stand in the middle of the living room with a perplexed look on your face for 5 minutes.
Step 6: Clap your hands and shout "haha!" when you've remembered the hunt for the camera. Locate camera under a pile of papers.
Step 7: Turn on camera. Snap pictures. Dream of what life would be like with a really nice DSLR.
Step 8: Think, "I should upload these photos onto my computer and share them with all the world so that everyone may admire my beautiful child!" Think about learning some humility.
Step 9: Put the camera down by the computer to remind yourself to do something with it sometime. Notice that someone commented on your Facebook status.
Step 10: Check Facebook. And fifteen other sites.
Step 11: Go into the kitchen to get a drink of water. Notice that you never put away the remains of your lunch. Start cleaning up a bit.
Step 12: Glance over to the laundry room and notice the open dryer door and think, "Oh yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah."
And that my friends is why it takes me thirty minutes to move laundry from the washing machine to the dryer. It's a miracle anything ever gets done around this place. But my baby sure is cute.
(Guess I didn't take enough time learning to be humble afterall. Oh well.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Twelve steps is good. It usually takes me 15 or more. Step 13: Anna,
Step 14: forget what I was doing again and spend 5 minutes trying to remember, Step 15: James. Step 13 and 15 will probably be repeated several more times before I actually finish my task.
Post a Comment