We had a bit of a family reunion in San Diego. All my siblings (minus the one who still lives there), flew in for the occasion, and my aunt and three cousins also drove down from Utah. For most of the week, David and I had just been laying around, enjoying our vacation. Or, at least, I was. David was trying to catch up on 3 weeks of homework. On Friday, we (minus David), went to the beach, which is always a fun experience when you've got little babies with you who love the water and sand.
Of course my newest little niece, Isabel, might just give her a run for her money. She's pretty darn cute too, but hasn't had enough time to build up those nice stores of fat that I like to see in babies. She is, after all, only 2 weeks old. But since the whole family was there on Sunday, my sister and her husband blessed baby Isabel in my parent's ward. It was great to be there. She slept through the whole thing but she looked so adorable in her (too big) blessing clothes.
Anyway, on Friday, we went to the beach, came home, got showered and cleaned and then the whole family went to the San Diego temple to do a session there. It was such a neat experience to be in the temple with most of my family. After that, we went to dinner at Fidel's, our family's favorite Mexican restaurant.
Saturday was our one year wedding anniversary! I can't believe David and I have been married for a whole year now. The time has really flown by, in the best way possible. As a treat to ourselves, we went to a day spa and got a couple's massage. It was absolutely splendid. I need to get massages on a more regular basis. I'm always way too tense. That afternoon, we took family photos at my parent's house (I'll post some of those pictures later, if I can find a good one) and this time, David got to be in all the photographs! Then we had a big barbeque in honor of our whole family being there and my dad's upcoming 60th birthday next month. Old man. It was a splendid day.
Meanwhile, Suyom spent most of her week, sitting on my mother's computer desk, watching all the birds who were flitting around the three birdhouses out there. Someday, she might catch a real bird. If we ever let her outside, that is. Or maybe we'll get her a pet.
Sunday, we blessed baby Isabel and then David and I re-packed everything and drove up to LAX to catch our 11pm flight to Atlanta. Worst flight ever. Suyom would not stop meowing, I was miserable because I had a sinus infection which, coupled with the pressure of the plane, was making my head feel like it was about to explode and I could not sleep. At all. We got into Atlanta at 6am on Monday morning and we promptly went to David's parent's house and slept. I was pretty miserable all Monday and most of Tuesday, but I am feeling much better. I swear, my body hates me right now. I even broke out in hives for the first time ever.....because of stress. My body is freaking out....I just can't wait to see what it'll do once we get to Korea.
I'll be back soon to document our week here in Atlanta. And then.....KOREA!
Holy crap. I'm moving to South Korea.
No comments:
Post a Comment