Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mission Glasses: Accomplished

Uh. So my last post was my 100th. Yay for me! 100 posts....that should be a milestone or something, like 100 episodes is always a big deal on TV. I don't know why. But they always make a big deal about it.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that MJ is the winner of the "What glasses should Liz buy?" sweepstakes. She was the only person who thought I should go with the #3 option and that's exactly the pair of glasses I purchased last night at Wal-Mart before David and I went to see Star Trek. (Awesome, by the way.)

Basically, it boiled down to this. (Since I know ya'll are so interested to hear why I picked the glasses I picked.): I decided #4 (the Umbro pair) were out of the running because they were the most expensive and the more I looked at the picture, the more I did not like their rounded edges. Plus, they looked weird. I also eliminated the pair from Costo (#1) because, while I did like their look, I ultimately decided that I did not want to live with random flowers all over my glasses for the next several years. They're cute for right now, but I knew I'd start to get sick of them after a year. So, that left me with pairs #2 (Levi Strauss) and #3 (No Boundaries). I tried both of them on and could not, for the life of me decide between the two. And then the optican or whatever said that he preferred the No Boundaries #3 because they had a noticeable break in the bridge, whereas the Levi Strauss pair were the same height all along the bridge line and made it look like I had a uni-brow.

And that's what ultimately sold me on the No Boundaries pair. Plus, they were cheaper. That might have had quite a bit to do with it. And, they felt more comfortable on than the Levi Strauss pair, which felt a little tight right above my ears. So thanks for all your help! I couldn't have decided without others' opinions. And thanks, MJ, for giving me encouragment to like the third pair since no one else even mentioned them. :-)

Up next for this week, a trip to the vet so Suyom can get a rabies shot, more visits to the doctor for me, and the never-ending project that is packing and organizing for the big move. Oh, and tomorrow, I have to give a talk in church and then teach Sunday School. Perhaps I should go get started on that......

2 comments:

Nicole said...

CUUUUTE!!!

mj said...

Yay for me and yay for glasses