I was almost eaten alive by a centipede last night. It was a very harrowing experience.
Two nights ago, David woke up around 5:30 a.m. in a panic. He'd felt something crawling on his arm and he leapt out of bed, grabbed the flashlight and went off to search for whatever creature had been messing with him. I thought he had just dreamed the whole thing and so I remained in bed, only half aware of what David was doing. He swore he felt something, but I thought he was just crazy.
I'm a very supportive wife, aren't I?
Anyway, last night I fell asleep on the couch while reading. I often stay up later than David to read or work on last minute things, but I've never fallen alseep on the couch. I'm generally very good at determining when I'm finally tired enough to put the book down and crawl into bed next to David. Last night, I just closed my eyes for a second and I was out.
But then, around 2:30 a.m., I was suddenly wide awake and saw a centipede crawling up my blanket towards my head. It was going to eat me! So I quickly threw my blanket off, attempting to catch the centipede inside and flew off the couch and went into the bedroom to wake David up.
There was no way I was going after this centipede alone. Actually, there was no way I was going after the centipede at all.
So once David was awake, we shook out the blanket, but the centipede had already shuffled off, as they do so well with all their little legs. We searched all around the living room and eventually found the sucker hiding underneath the couch. David promptly killed the centipede three times: he sprayed it with bug spray, stomped on it, and then flushed it down the toilet to prove that it was properly dead.
Even still, I had a very hard time falling asleep again. I kept feeling something crawl on me all night.
Granted, it was a very small centipede (maybe 2-3 incheslong, which is very small for the centipedes around here) and maybe it's intent was not to kill me (though they are venomous), but I hope to never see another disgusting centipede crawling towards my face ever, ever again.
I sure hope there aren't any bugs in Korea.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yuck! Centipedes are even worse than spiders in my book. I've had nightmares about them before.
So. Disgusting. Shudder.
Ewewewewew!! That's like my worst nightmare, so I totally sympathize! What happened to Suyom? Cats like bugs, right? She's shirking her duties as bug eater! :-)
Suyom was sleeping away on the loveseat. She does like bugs and she has caught a gecko or two but I don't think she ever saw the centipede. Even if she had, I wouldn't have blamed her for staying away.
Okay a centipede would even freak me out.
Post a Comment