I'm interrupting the saga of David and Liz to bring you this important announcement: today is my dear husband's 28th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID! (Wasn't he such an adorable baby?) I've known David for nearly 4 years now (crazy!) and this is only the second time that I've been able to celebrate his birthday with him. So, in honor of his 28 years, here are 28 reasons why I love David and am so glad that he picked me to be his wife.
1.) His blue, blue eyes.2.) And his long, long eyelashes.
3.) He always carries a white handkerchief with him, where ever he goes. I don’t know why, but this is something I have always secretly loved about him. Perhaps because it’s old-fashioned and not many people have handkerchiefs, but I love it. Especially on Sunday mornings, sitting in the cold chapel when my nose starts running.
4.) He opens all doors for me. And every time he does, I feel like a lady, even when I look like a mangy rat.
5.) No matter what time I crawl into bed—which can sometimes be hours after he’s fallen asleep—if I scoot close enough to him to lay my head on his shoulder, his arms instantly move to surround him. Even in his sleep. He also sometimes grabs my butt in his sleep but I don’t really mind that either.
6.) Despite his scrappy appearance (and the fact that he weighs only 10-15 pounds more than me), he can and does lift me up and carry me around, all the time. And he has carried me to bed on more than one occasion when I’ve fallen asleep on the couch.

7.) He tells me that he loves me, every day.
8.) He calls me adorable, even after witnessing some of my less adorable quirks.
9.) He doesn’t judge me for those aforementioned quirks.
10.) He’s a math genius. He proves math formulas for fun.
11.) He had “uxoriously yours” inscribed inside my engagement ring. Ladies, look up “uxorious” in the dictionary and teach your husbands, boyfriends, and guy friends what it means. You can thank me later.
12.) He kills the bugs so I don’t have to. And he hides the nastier ones from my view.
13.) He never gets upset when I’m too tired or uninspired to cook dinner. (This has been especially true this week.)
14.) He’s always encouraging and never discouraging.
15.) His laugh. It’s rather infectious and I often find myself laughing at him laughing at funny parts of movies rather than at the funny part itself.

16.) His spiritual side. He understands the gospel far better than I do.
17.) I love how fervently he wants to do good in this world and how generous he is.
18.) I also love how adorable he gets when I make him blush.
19.) He’s got this thing for high heeled shoes. He likes it when I wear them and so he never minds buying a nice pair for me. Or three. He even enjoys shopping.
20.) He’s always considerate of my needs and is willing to be dragged to museum after museum or visit historic sites though it’s really not his thing.
21.) He’s the better spouse in every single way but he has a way of still showing his appreciation for even the little, everyday things that I do which makes me feel like I really contribute.
22.) He freely and willingly admits to friends and co-workers how much he loves me and how he’d do anything for me that I asked. He doesn’t try to be all “manly.”

23.) He knows how to fix things like cars and computers and doorknobs.
24.) He wants to have sons so that he can teach them how to be gentlemen and how to treat women right. He’ll be a patient and loving father.
25.) There is laughter in our home everyday. He has a great talent for making me laugh, even when it’s because he does something I find annoying.
26.) He’s a laundry Nazi. Now, I don’t really love that he’s so particular about how his clothing is separated and how the washing machine should be run (because I’m certainly not so particular), but do I love that he’s so adamant about it and is so thorough in most everything that he does. Plus, he’s re
ally good at getting all the chocolate stains off of my clothes.27.) He’s incredibly compassionate and helps anyone who asks for help whether it be physical, monetary, or emotional support.
28.) He’s my best friend. He knows everything about me and always listens to what I have to say, even if I’ve said it all before. If that’s not love, then I don’t know what is.
Happy birthday my love. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! (And continue to put up with me for many more years.)
1 comment:
Happy birthday to David! (Even though he doesn't know me.) I especially enjoyed you calling yourself a "mangy rat" because I totally understand that feeling. Today I took my first real shower since Morgan was born (I've had to modify things from various parts of me healing) but I have felt DISGUSTING for the past while. Anyway, so the mangy rat line made me laugh. :)
Post a Comment