This is Seoul. At night. I'm going to live there. Apparently.Well, I've told most of my friends and family and announced it on Facebook, but I realized that I never said anything on my blog, so here's the official announcement: David and I are moving to South Korea! Now, we've known for about year that Korea was a possibility, known for about 5 months that Korea was almost a sure thing, but we didn't know with absolute certainty and we didn't know when. David got his orders about two weeks ago and we have to report to David's new duty station near Seoul on June 18th. It's much earlier than we had anticipated but we're still very excited about the prospect of moving to Asia. (And I'll certainly be WAY more excited once our paperwork is all complete because, boy, is that a nightmare!) I can't wait to travel Asia. So.....if you've ever wanted to visit Korea, you'll have a place to stay for the next two years. Please come.
Now, because we are moving half-way around the world, David and I don't expect to return to the States during our two year tour so we're planning on visiting our families during the month of June before we leave. So if you'll be in or near San Diego on May 29th through June 7 or Atlanta from June 7 to the 16th, let us know! We'd love to see you! [All dates are tentative at this point.]
The best thing about our move? You know, besides the wonderful adventures, the culture shock, and new environment, is that I finally get to have a cat again.
Because it's the only way we can live off base. (And base housing is pretty bad, we hear.)
So yay for cats and Korea. In that order.
I really love cats....
A lot.

See? So cute!
3 comments:
Hooray for cats! Are you going to take...dang, what's his name with you? I have to admit, I get the cats confused. I mean, I remember that they all have names of famous authors and whatnot, but I can't remember which cat you had last...
Anyway, Korea! Should be an interesting experience! I'm trying not to be too jealous that you get to go to China...I really don't think I'm going to make it to San Diego anytime soon, especially in June. I can't believe that by the next time we see each other it will have been over three years! Crazy.
My cat's name is Emerson. But no, I don't think we'll take him with us to Korea. He's quite settled with my parents and he enjoys going outdoors way too much. We need a cat that will remain strictly indoors in Asia so we'll probably get one here before we leave. But I had better start thinking of a good name for my new cat!
Ooooh, yay!!! I'm excited to hear you'll be swinging by San Diego before departing on your big Asian adventure. We'll have to get together!
And I'm so glad you get to have a cat again. They are so darling!
Post a Comment