Our celebrations began on Christmas Eve, which we spent with David's family as is their tradition. We ate dinner and opened presents and the kids decorated cookies. As per our tradition, the kids (and us adults) got new pajamas as well.
This was the best shot I got of the kids in their pajamas. Zara insisted that she wanted footie pajamas so I returned the ones I had already purchased for her and got her the last remaining size 6 (because there were no size 7s) they had in any footie pajama at the Carter's store. She loves them even if she complains that they are too hot.
After the kids finally went to bed, David and I went to work finalizing the Christmas gifts. I'd wrapped most of the presents in the week leading up to Christmas and mostly had to dig everything out of their hiding spots. David built many of the toys--the car took a particularly long time.
But Benjamin was thrilled with his new car and Adelaide loves her shopping cart. Zara got a toy cash register (for some reason, she really wanted one) and a whole boxfull of new art supplies.
Since church was on Sunday, we only opened stockings in the morning before having our traditional breakfast of scones and then getting ready for church. I got the kids new church clothes as well but it proved to be mighty difficult to get a good picture of them wearing them.
After church we finished opening up our gifts, ate cookies and watched TV, and then had a nice dinner of pot roast with potatoes and carrots.
Benjamin's been working on his high fiving.
So all in all, it was a nice Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment