Sunday, October 4, 2015

Zara's Fifth Birthday

Zara celebrated her fifth birthday on August 31st. She's such a sweet girl who loves to sing, dance, and move. She's got a sweet and innocent heart and wants to please everyone. She's such a good big sister, always trying to help her younger siblings and her beleaguered mother. 



For her birthday dinner, Zara requested one of her favorite meals: pork katsu.


Adelaide's cranky face cracked me up.


After dinner, we moved into the living room to open gifts. I never intend to buy a lot of presents, but I never can seem to control myself.


She got several new clothes, some books, doll clothes (to go with the doll that my mother bought her for her birthday), and a dance bag.


I bought Zara and Adelaide matching dresses which they both wanted to try on right away. 


After presents, we went back to the kitchen to eat birthday cake--lemon cake with vanilla frosting. I bought these small My Little Pony characters to put on the cake. (I had originally planned to make cupcakes and use one pony on each cupcake but Zara didn't want cupcakes.) The girls have loved playing with their ponies since we cleaned them up. We like to figure who would be which pony. I think Zara is Pinkie Pie (although she claims she's Fluttershy), Adelaide is Rainbow Dash (although she could be Applejack too), David is Rarity, and I'm Twilight Sparkle. No word on who Benjamin might be.


Zara had a great birthday and is so excited to finally be five! Now let's check in with Zara and her favorites.

FAVORITE FOOD: won tons
FAVORITE ANIMAL: cat
FAVORITE CANDY: all of them
FAVORITE BOOK: The Pigeon Needs a Bath 
FAVORITE COLOR: Pink 
FAVORITE SHOW: My Little Pony
FAVORITE MOVIE: Frozen and Star Wars
FAVORITE SONG: I am Like a Star Shining Brightly, Let It Go
FAVORITE TOY: Elsa
FAVORITE THING TO DO: play with my while family
FAVORITE PLACE: the beach

No comments: