My little girl turned 3 on Saturday! It really is hard to believe that Zara is both so old and so young. I feel like she's been our lives for a long, long time and yet it also seems like just yesterday she was just a baby. I know everyone says that, but it's true. Zara had a fun birthday. On Thursday, Cassy and I took our brood of 6 kids to the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk (photos to come in a separate post) since we wanted to spend most of Saturday working at their new [old] house to get things repaired and painted before moving in.
I made c
hicken alfredo bake for dinner (with bread, salad, and pineapple) and then we had vanilla cupcakes with vanilla or strawberry buttercream frosting with Neapolitan ice cream for dessert.
 |
| Anxiously awaiting her birthday cupcake and listening to everyone sing Happy Birthday to her. |
 |
| Daddy teaching her how to blow out her candle. |
 |
| Digging into the goodness. |
 |
| Zara and David have the same EXACT face. Ha! Love my girls (David too). |
 |
| I just threw this one in because I love Adelaide's face in this one. It screams, "What am I doing here?!?!" |
 |
| A very rare family photo. |
Zara was very excited about her toys. I let her have her first birthday present after dinner--the
Fish and Splish bath toy set from B. Toys. (For the record, B. Toys are some of my very favorite.) Zara loves bathtime and I thought she'd have a great time with this set.
 |
| Bath time! Love that wild mane. |
In fact, all her cousins felt the need to join her for bath time, even if they'd already had a bath already. It made it hard to get any actual bathing done. But they all loved the toys.
After her bath, Zara opened her other presents: new set of socks, a book of Hello Kitty stickers, and a new outfit from her grandparents. But her very favorite was the Super Girl cape from her Aunt Cassy that has her name written on it. Now she matches all her cousins and they all run around being super together.
There's so much I could say about Zara and what a sweet, special person she is, and how lucky we feel to be her parents, but I'll refrain for now. I just love this kid so much and look forward to watching her grow for many more years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment