Last Thursday, my sister Cassy and I took our brood of 6 kids to the Virginia Zoo at Norfolk. Since I grew up attending the San Diego Zoo (one of the best zoos in the world), I have understandably high expectations of zoos. I try to lower my expectations so I don't leave them disappointed. The Virginia Zoo was a delightful zoo. Small enough to enjoy in a day and the enclosures were nice and mostly spacious for all the animals. They had the regular cast of zoo characters and several splash pad areas for the kids to play in between exhibits. We dressed the kids in their swimsuits and took them all around the various "villages" (grouped by area of the world the animals come from) and enjoyed a very nice, surprisingly not too humid day.
 |
| This sign made me laugh. |
 |
| Cute sleeping babies. |
No comments:
Post a Comment