Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wandering feet to become wandering minds.....maybe?

David and I often discuss our blog. It comes up every few weeks in "Oh, we really should blog about something" way or a "I keep meaning to, but I don't know what to write" moan or a "I don't think anyone reads this thing anymore" realization. It's not that life is boring. In fact, life is pretty full for both of us and that may be where the problem stems. Amid all the homework, jobs, dirty diapers, and Stargate episodes (don't judge....we like SciFi), blogging just doesn't top the list of things to do.

While Zara is the most adorable, intelligent, delightful [and frustrating] child ever produced by two people (we're quite proud, thanks for asking), our blog has been veering into baby journal with a side helping of travelogue territory for quite some time. None of these things are inherently bad. I enjoy reading about my friends' children, daily life, and travel adventures and see no problem with our blog--which was meant for family and friends--to continue to do the same.

But whenever David and I think of what to write, we invariably want to delve deeper and write about our recent ruminations and reflections on life and the random topics that interest us. So, this is fair warning that in addition to updates on Zara's awesomeness and our day-to-day adventures, we may be filling this blog with more substantive material. This blog will still be written mainly for our friends and family--we don't aspire for a large readership--and you are welcome to ignore our intellectual--and not so intellectual--ramblings or jump in and start a conversation.

Things could start to get a little fun around here.

(But I make no promises.)

(Because it will still probably take me another 2 months to write another blog post.)

No comments: