I wonder how many trick or treaters will see at our house tonight too. I hope there's not more than 45.....wait, 42 trick or treaters because that's all the candy I bought. Though, let's be honest, it'll probably be more like 39 pieces of candy by the time the trick or treaters actually arrive. That's the problem when you buy your favorite candy for the trick or trickers.....you eat it all.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween!!! We've had a fun weekend of Halloween-related events. On Thursday, we attended the MBA's Halloween Party. There was dinner, games, and candy to be had. Zara went as a giraffe....

....and David and I went as zoo-keepers. (Or safari sight-seers, as most people guessed. Either one works.) I figure it's a good costume and can be worn year after year. Every time we add a child, we can just dress them up as another animal. It's perfect!
On Saturday, we finally got around to carving the pumpkin we bought at the pumpkin patch. It's been years since I carved a pumpkin and I think ours turned out pretty great.
It's a vamp-kin. Though to be fair, David did most of the carving. I just cleaned out the pumpkin guts. Saturday night we also went to our ward's Trunk or Treat where Zara scored a bunch of candy, some of which she managed to eat, wrappers notwithstanding, and some of which we ate. It's totally cool to steal your child's Halloween candy, right? That's good parenting, wouldn't you say? We're just trying to help her not eat a lot of sugar.
We're looking forward to taking Zara Trick or Treating for her very first time tonight. She's grown quite attached to her plastic pumpkin and really enjoys playing with (and occasionally eating) her candy. She's such a cute giraffe. I might just have to put her in her costume a few more times, even after Halloween. It's way too cute.
I wonder how many trick or treaters will see at our house tonight too. I hope there's not more than 45.....wait, 42 trick or treaters because that's all the candy I bought. Though, let's be honest, it'll probably be more like 39 pieces of candy by the time the trick or treaters actually arrive. That's the problem when you buy your favorite candy for the trick or trickers.....you eat it all.
I wonder how many trick or treaters will see at our house tonight too. I hope there's not more than 45.....wait, 42 trick or treaters because that's all the candy I bought. Though, let's be honest, it'll probably be more like 39 pieces of candy by the time the trick or treaters actually arrive. That's the problem when you buy your favorite candy for the trick or trickers.....you eat it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment