Of course, she woke up during Sunday School and exploded out of another diaper AND had to be changed out of her second onesie of the day. At least, this time I was prepared and my mom was there to help. She really is a good baby most of the time but she does make life a lot more interesting. Still, we wouldn't trade her for the world and she's already brought us so much joy. I can't wait to watch her learn and grow and to see what kind of woman she will become.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Zara's Blessing
My parents spent a week in Korea with us so it's been a very busy week. I've got a lot to update from our travels and adventures so let's start at the beginning.
On Sunday, we had Zara's baby blessing. It's somewhat similar to a christening in the Catholic church. Children are not officially considered a member of the Mormon church until they are baptized (generally when they turn eight), but they are given a name and a blessing that puts them on the records of the church as an infant. David gave Zara a beautiful blessing. He blessed her with peace, joy, and happiness in her life and that she will be a delight and a joy to those around her. He also blessed her with a keen mind and intellect, integrity, and honesty and that she would be a woman of virtue and a good example to others.
Before the blessing, Zara was a bit fussy. Really, we were all a bit of a mess. Zara leaked out of her diaper and all over her onesie and David. While David was cleaning himself off, I fed Zara but as I was getting everything in position, I leaked milk all down my shirt and onto one of my favorite skirts. (And lucky for me, the skirt is "spot clean only." I think my attempts at looking nice and well-dressed are officially over.) After feeding her, I changed her very poopy diaper, and put her in a new onesie and her blessing outfit which my mother had brought. (My mom bought blessing clothes for a boy and a girl while in Paris several years ago. All the grandchildren are blessed in these clothes.) Zara fussed and cried during the opening of Sacrament meeting but she was quiet and calm throughout her blessing and then fell asleep for the remainder of the meeting.
What a beautiful little angel she is....when she's sleeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment