Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thank You Jesus

I've made no secret of my love for Lofthouse sugar cookies (the most glorious cookies in the world) and I've attempted on several occasions to recreate their deliciousness with very little success. For the last two months, I've had unbelievable cravings for those cookies but the commissary hasn't had them since the Christmas holidays. I go to the commissary every week and walk by the bakery hoping and praying that they would magically have the cookies, but each time, my hopes were dashed.

But yesterday there was a whole table set up with Easter cookies including my precious Lofthouse cookies. (They are quite popular during the holidays and often change their frosting color and sprinkles to match the holiday.) I bought two containers. I'm contemplating going back and buying more and freezing them because I've got 5 more months of pregnancy to go and the next major cookie holiday isn't until the 4th of July.

Anyway, last night at dinner, I was telling David of my rapturous joy at finding my Lofthouse cookies since they'd been gone since Christmas. I said, "I knew Easter would come through for me."

And then David replied, "You should thank Jesus for your cookies. If he hadn't been born and resurrected, you'd never get them."

So thank you Jesus for my Lofthouse cookies. This pregnant woman is very grateful.

(And I hope you don't think that's sacrilegious. I mean, I really love these cookies.)

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is awesome! You crack me up. I saw those man they looked good but I resisted. I'm not pregnant you lucky girl! :-)