Friday, August 1, 2008

Virtual Tour of my House!

Some people have expressed interest in seeing my new humble abode. So without further ado, here is a picture tour of my our condo:
This is my car, a 1990 Lexus LS400. I couldn't help taking a picture of it to share. You can see some of the multi-colored condos in the background.
Our condo. Each building has four condos (two on top and two on the bottom). David and I live in the second-floor condo on the left. There are quite a number of buildings in this complex.

Here you can see the stair leading up to our condo and a shot of some of the other buildings in the complex. Each building is painted either yellow, blue or a greenish-blue. I like the yellow ones best, but we live in one of the green-ish blue ones. I think these are some of the nicest condos in the area, at least from the outside.

Upon entering the front door, you are greeted by our couches. David and I can't decide what color they are (he says brown, I say green) but in either case, they are comfy places to sit. (Please note, all the drapes were put up by the previous owners. I take no responsibility for their appearance and would love to get new ones if we had the money.)

Opposite our couches, are our two lovely bookcases (which I love and now want to fill with more books), our nice TV (bought used off Craigslist) and our Guitar Hero guitars (for our Wii). I still need to organize the bookshelves some more and I'd like to put some wedding photographs in the space above the television.

The front room is basically a big, wide open space that forms a living room area, dining room and kitchen space. Here's our little table filled with David's school books. The crazy kid is taking 3 classes this term! In the corner of the window is our air conditioning unit. We've only started to use it recently on really hot days. If we don't use it, though, geckos start to move in.

Our tiny little kitchen. But it suffices. I really miss the gas stove I used in Virginia but the electric isn't too bad. And it is nice to have a whole refrigerator to myself but it's still packed full! When I first got here, David had like two things in there. Men.

It was too hard to get a good shot of our tiny bathroom, but I at least wanted to show off my adorable polka-dot shower curtain and purple bathroom mat. David LOOOOVES the bathroom mat because it's so soft and plush. Sometimes, I catch him just standing on it, squishing his toes into the fabric.

Our bedroom. It pretty much just consists of a bed (queen size, thanks), a dresser, and a massive closet (see below). The two rooms aren't very big but that's okay. We only go into the bedroom for sleeping because it gets too hot inside the rooms. But I do love our bedding set which came with matching valances and curtains.

The aforementioned awesome closet. This is my side and David's is just as big. I sometimes wish there were more spaces to hang up clothes, but all the built-in shelves have proven to be very nice. The other bedroom has a similar, but smaller, closet.

The second bedroom, which has become our office. It's generally in a state of disrepair so this is a picture of it at about its finest. There's not much in here except the desk, computer, table, and two bookshelves (one smaller one that holds all our movies and a bigger one for all of David's language books). We also iron in here. That's about it.

So that is our house! David and I have really enjoyed decorating it and buying new furniture to make it more home-y. Although David bought the condo over a year ago, he didn't really feel the need to buy a lot of furniture. He only had the couches, table, and one bookshelf when I moved in so it's been lots of fun for me to infuse my touch in the place. There's a lot we'd love to do with the place (paint the walls, replace all the doors, electric outlets and doorknobs, etc) but chances are, we'll only be here for another year. But in the meantime, it's a pretty nice place to call home.

2 comments:

abby said...

It's nice to see where you live now. I love the bedroom stuff. The print is even a little Hawaiian.

The Nelsen Family: said...

It's fun to see where you live...looks like a nice place!